Home baked bread or that bought from artisan bakers is a world away from bread baked by the giants. Mass produced bread does not suit many people.
Bread is not complicated to make once you know the techniques. You’ll discover ways to fit it into your busy schedule.
You’ll learn techniques I learnt in France. Armed with a wealth of knowledge and recipes at the end of the half day, you’ll be ready to create great bread at home.
Courses run for approximately 3 hours. All you need to bring are boxes or bags to take home your bread in.
This course is suitable for both complete beginners and those with some knowledge. You’ll learn to mix, prove, shape and bake your dough.
- Learn how to mix and prove your dough
- Learn how to weigh and shape your dough
- How to add flavours
- Bake your bread to perfection
Courses are kept small making it easy to learn and practice. We’ll work hard but we’ll have great fun.
- Meet late morning and to learn what we’ll be making
- Learn how to knead, shape and bake a variety of breads
- Refreshments whilst your bread is baking and time for questions!
- Display of the breads you’ve made
How to Pay
Choose your option and click add to basket. Choose to pay by Bank Transfer or Paypal. If you choose bank transfer, I will contact you with further details
Contact me on the form below for a group booking or if you are a member of the Real Bread Campaign who receive a 10% discount.
Terms and Conditions
- Payment in full is required for any course. Refunds up to 7 days in advance of course date only. You can transfer to another date, or transfer your place to another person.
- Group classes run with a minimum of 2 people. Should minimum numbers not be met, you can transfer to an alternative date or receive a refund.
- Payment is by PayPal or by bank transfer.
- Courses must be pre-booked and are subject to availability as course sizes are small.
- Dietary requirements: The bread course is not suitable for those choosing to avoid gluten. It is suitable for vegans if you are happy using fresh yeast. The viennoise dough course is suitable for vegetarians. For the pastry course, some pastries can be made using gluten free flours.
- You will be spending most of the time standing up, so please bear this in mind when booking.
- If you have a voucher to redeem or wish to take advantage of the 10% discount for Real Bread Campaign members, please choose the date required and choose the bank transfer option. I will then contact you for the voucher details.