During August, classes will be prioritised for those people whose previously booked classes were cancelled. Please use the contact form below if you are interested in a class. Read the Covid 19 protocol for my classes. One to one online courses continue.
Improve your breadmaking skills
This is a breadmaking for those who want to bake better bread. You’ve learnt the basics, you’ve been baking bread a while, but would like to get just that little bit better. Why not join the class to refine your breadmaking skills?
In a series of posts I cover a wide range of breadmaking topics including autolysing, yeast, baker’s percentages, scaling and using heat and steam. On this course, we’ll put some of these topics into action.
We will cover:
- Autolysing – how pre-soaking your dough can make a huge difference
- Temperature – you don’t need a hot room or a proving drawer, just adjust the temperature of your water
- Scoring or slashing – allow your bread to expand when baking
- Shaping – shaping your dough for consistent results
- Proving overnight – breadmaking can fit into your busy schedule
- Ensuring your dough is ready to prove and bake
At the end of the session, you’ll have plenty of tasty bread to take away and skills to bake better bread every time. Classes take place in my bright kitchen equipped with a Rofco bread oven overlooking our productive garden.
The session will last approximately 3 hours.
HOW TO PAY
Choose your option and click add to basket. You can use Paypal or pay by bank transfer. Once you’ve placed your order, I’ll contact you with further details.
Contact me on the form below if you have a query, for a group booking or if you are a member of the Real Bread Campaign for a 10% discount.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings are subject to our standard terms and conditions.