Start from scratch or improve your breadmaking skills
In Person Classes 10:30 am on Tuesdays, 1:30 pm on Weekends. The class lasts 2.5 hours.
I run breadmaking classes for those who want to bake great bread. You might want to learn the basics, or you’ve been baking bread a while and would like to get just that little bit better. Join the class to discover tips and techniques you’ll find easy to use a home. Classes are Covid-19 compliant.
There are two different courses you can book here. Choose from Breadmaking Basics if you’re a complete beginner or Basics Plus if you’ve some knowledge and you want to perfect your techniques. You can also check out my sourdough class.
In a series of posts I cover a wide range of breadmaking topics including autolysing, yeast, baker’s percentages, scaling and using heat and steam. On the courses, we’ll put some of these topics into action.
- Autolysing – how pre-soaking your dough can make a huge difference
- Temperature – you don’t need a hot room or a proving drawer, just adjust the temperature of your water
- Scoring or slashing – allow your bread to expand when baking
- Shaping – shaping your dough for consistent results
- Proving overnight – breadmaking can fit into your busy schedule
- Ensuring your dough is ready to prove and bake
- Sourdough sessions are suggested for those with some breadmaking experience
At the end of the session, you’ll have plenty of tasty bread to take away and skills to bake better bread every time. Classes take place in my bright kitchen equipped with a Rofco bread oven overlooking my productive garden.
The session will last approximately 2.5 hours.
HOW TO PAY
Choose your option and click add to basket. If you’ve any questions before you book, please get in touch.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings are subject to our standard terms and conditions.