Sweet doughs can be transformed into many wonders: Scandinavian style cardamom buns; tea cakes and babka but also amazing savoury buns too. You’ll learn how to make a standard Viennoise (sweet dough) and at least three types of sweet breads and buns.
Spend half a day baking learning to bake the French way and discover a whole new range of techniques. Armed with a wealth of knowledge and recipes at the end of the half day, you’ll be ready to create great bread at home consistently.
Using recipes and techniques I learned in France, you’ll learn to mix, prove, shape and bake your dough. For this course a stand mixer is used to mix the dough rather than by hand.
- Learn how to mix rich doughs successfully
- How to make sweet breads and buns.
- How to use your refrigerator to retard dough
- How a very large plastic bag will be your friend
and much more!
Courses run for approximately 3 hours. All you need to bring are boxes or bags to take home your bread in. For group bookings other dates can be accommodated.
- Learn how to successfully mix knead, shape and bake sweet doughs.
- A light lunch and chat whilst your bread is baking
- Display of the sweet you’ve made
How to Pay
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or Bank Transfer.
- Members of the Real Bread Campaign receive a 10% discount. Please get in touch.
Terms and Conditions
- Payment in full is required for any course. Refunds up to 7 days in advance of course date only. You can transfer to another date, or transfer your place to another person.
- Group classes run with a minimum of 2 people. Should minimum numbers not be met, you can transfer to a different class or receive a refund.
- Payment is by PayPal or by bank transfer.
- Courses must be pre-booked and are subject to availability as course sizes are small.
- Dietary requirements: The bread course is not suitable for those choosing to avoid gluten. It is suitable for vegans if you are happy using fresh yeast. The viennoise dough course is suitable for vegetarians. For the pastry course, some pastries can be made using gluten free flours.
- You will be spending most of the time standing up, so please bear this in mind when booking.
- If you have a voucher to redeem or wish to take advantage of the 10% discount for Real Bread Campaign members, please visit the course page and choose the date required and choose the bank transfer option. I will then contact you for the voucher details.