Learn how to make sourdough
Sourdough bread is delicious and something that most bakers want to master. To make a delicious sourdough loaf takes time. This class aims to show you the different stages to make sourdough bread for you to replicate at home.
- How to create a sourdough starter
- See what a lively starter looks like;
- How to mix your sourdough loaf;
- See what your dough will look like after proving, resting and baking.
- Discover autolysing, stretch and fold and bulk fermentation.
Rather than a start-to-finish process which takes days, I’ll be using plenty of “here is one I made earlier” examples to cut the time down to fit in the day. There are many different ways to make sourdough, this is just one way that works for me and will work for you!
Come along and dabble with your fellow sourdough enthusiasts! Ideally you’ll have some experience of breadmaking with yeast before you tackle sourdough as it assumes you know some breadmaking techniques..
The class will last approximately 3 hours and include light refreshments.
If you are a Real Bread Campaign member, you’re eligible for a 10% discount.