Go picking pumpkins near you and use up your pumpkin in a tasty soup.
It’s time for pumpkins!
Check out some of the pumpkin patches locally to go and pick your own.
A great activity for half term (or before). Go and pick your own pumpkin!. Places are booking fast.
Middlehall Farm, Bath Road, Eastington, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire GL10 3AY
14th to 29th October excluding Mondays.
There is a £1.50 charitable donation per person when booking. Their chosen charity is The Trussel Trust
- The donation on booking does not purchase any pumpkins. All pumpkins picked are payable on the day.
- Take your pumpkins to the farm shop to purchase them after picking.
- Pumpkin prices range from £1 to £8.
- The coffee bar & farm shop will be open.
- Please note, your time slot is your access time to the pumpkin patch. Any latecomers may be turned away if the patch is busy.
Elm Farm Pumpkin Patch – Opens 7 October
Elm Farm, Elmore, Gloucester GL2 3NT
Free to enter, picking dates are:
- Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th October
- Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th October
- HALF TERM 21st October – 31st October
Pumpkins ranging from baby ones all the way to some BIG ones (last year’s big ones were weighing in at 25kg!)
Shurdington Road, Bentham, Cheltenham GL51 4UA
- 7th & 8th October
- 14th & 15th October
- 21st & 22nd October
- 24th – 28th October
Not only can you pick pumpkins, but there’s a Hallowe’en trail too. Book your ticket in advance. £3 per person.
More Pumpkin Patches
Check for dates and times and pre-book
Over Farm Pumpkin Picking – Gloucester
Avon Valley Pumpkin Patch – Keynsham
Farrington’s Pumpkin Festival – Bristol
Try this recipe
Sweet Potato and Pepper Soup
- 2 Large peppers
- 500 grams Sweet Potatoes or pumkin or squash
- 1 large red or white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 fresh chili
- Salt and pepper
- Chop all the vegetables into equal size pieces 1 inch/ 2 cm
- Pop all the ingredients (except salt and pepper) into the pressure cooker and add 500 ml water.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 to 15 minutes. Release the pressure and then taste
- Add salt and pepper or a little more tamarind paste if needed.
- Blend adding more water as required to a consistency you like and serve.