There is truly nothing as wonderful as home baked bread and pastry. Perhaps you think you have too little time to bake? It’s easier than you think and particularly satisfying to achieve.
You’ll learn techniques that fit in to your lifestyle and the time you have available.
Eating home baked bread is so much better for you than bread made in vast industrial factories. Once people switch to home baked bread or that bought from artisan bakers, they never look back.
Why bake with me?
I’ll share the techniques I learnt whilst training professionally in France adapted for your domestic kitchen from my home near Slimbridge.
I learnt breadmaking on an in-depth professional course in France at Ecole Banette in Loiret. The course is designed for people setting up their own bakeries. You cannot set up a bakery in France without a qualification! Of course, it’s not just bread, but sweet doughs and pastries too.
- Proven techniques that you’ll be able to replicate at home
- French recipes adapted for the domestic kitchen
- Learn how to use a variety of flours and flavours
- Tips for full proof bread every time.
and above all have fun!
Groups are kept deliberately small making it easier to learn. Discover how previous participants enjoyed the courses.
Sign up for the newsletter, to get information on new courses, latest availability and special offers. Choose from the following options:
Half day courses include a light lunch and refreshments or afternoon tea. Classes last approximately 3.5 hours. Half day courses are £75 per person.
Bake bread the French Way: You’ll learn techniques to make good consistent bread with recipes adapted for a home kitchen using a variety of flours. You’ll go home laden with bread, recipes and the satisfaction that you’ve learnt a new skill or enhanced your skills. Suitable for both complete beginners and for this with some experience.
Learn to make Viennoise dough, a dough used for both sweet and savoury delicacies. We’ll work by hand and with machine to make at least three different delicious breads and buns. Particularly suitable for those with some experience, although complete beginners are very welcome.
Making pastry is not difficult once you know the tricks! Satisfy your longing for that perfectly crisp buttery pastry. We’ll learn 3 different types of pastry. Perfect for complete beginners and for those wanting to refine their skills.
Pizza Making Class (groups of 4 to 6, £25 pp): Pizza making classes last two hours and are held in the evening. This course is part demo, part hands on. It is great for an introduction to breadmaking but is not as comprehensive as the half day course.
Looking to really hone your skills? Or perhaps you are ready to take the step to bake in bulk and purchase a Rofco bread oven? Spend a day one-on-one with Danielle tailored to your requirements. Find out more
How to book
Supporting the Real Bread Campaign
The Real Bread Campaign is part of the food and farming charity Sustain. The aim is to raise money to continue to work as the only organisation that is dedicated to championing Real Bread and its rightful place at the hearts of our local communities. Ten percent discount for Real Bread Campaign members.
Terms and Conditions
- Payment in full is required for any course. Refunds up to 7 days in advance of course date only. You can transfer to another date, or transfer your place to another person.
- Payment is by PayPal or by bank transfer.
- Courses must be pre-booked and are subject to availability as course sizes are small.
- Dietary requirements: The bread course is not suitable for those choosing to avoid gluten. It is suitable for vegans if you are happy using fresh yeast. The viennoise dough course is suitable for vegetarians. For the pastry course, some pastries can be made using gluten free flours.
- You will be spending most of the time standing up, so please bear this in mind when booking.
- If you have a voucher to redeem or wish to take advantage of the 10% discount for Real Bread Campaign members, please visit the course page and choose the date required and choose the bank transfer option. I will then contact you for the voucher details.